It’s that time of year for heater maintenance: Time to schedule heating repair and service from your local team! Is it really that important though? Couldn’t you get away with not scheduling it this year? If you want to keep your comfort equipment in top working order this season and for years to come, it’s important to make annual heater maintenance a priority. Schedule an appointment with us today to keep your home or business warm all season long.
Why Is Heater Maintenance Important?
You can’t neglect your heating system and expect it to stay in good, working condition. To prevent your furnace from falling into disrepair, hire a professional to perform a yearly inspection that includes these steps:
- Inspect airflow and fan controls
- Inspect electrical connections
- Inspect burners
- Inspect safety controls
- Inspect the gas line
- Inspect the condensate drain on a condensing furnace
- Inspect the heat exchanger for rust, cracks, or corrosion
We use these inspections to get ahead of any bigger issues with the safety or operation of your heater. Our professional technicians use their findings to recommend additional services and to help you plan and budget for future updates or upgrades.
What Does Annual Heater Service Entail?
Your home’s or business’s heater not only requires annual inspection but should be treated to a tune-up each year, prior to the beginning of heater season. Our annual heater service includes the following:
- Lubricate moving parts
- Ensure proper thermostat calibration
- Tighten or replace belts
- Conduct an amp-draw test
Depending on the age and condition of your heater, this annual service may include additional tasks to keep your space warm all winter.
Why Is Heater Cleaning Vital to My Heater’s Performance?
A clean heater is a happy heater. From the heater’s air filter to the blower motor and internal cords and coils, it’s important to keep your heater clean so it can :
- Run more efficiently
- Last Longer
- Run safely
- Keep the air you breathe, clean
Schedule Annual Heater Cleaning & Service
We offer what we call a Total Comfort Tune-Up, which is designed to keep your home or business safe and warm. When you schedule this appointment, we’ll provide you with a complete heater inspection, as well as a professional, thorough cleaning. We’ll adjust applicable controls and conduct a top-to-bottom safety check to ensure that your furnace functions safely and reliably all season long.
- Age – If your furnace is well over a decade old, it could be time to replace it.
- Repair frequency – Is this the second or third repair this year? Is a looming repair close to half the cost of a new system? Stop throwing away money and put your funds toward a high-efficiency replacement.
- Energy bills – Rising energy costs could be one reason your heating bills are higher than they were a few years ago, but it’s also likely due to your aging furnace losing its ability to perform efficiently. A steady increase in energy bills is a sign that your furnace is past its prime.
- Comfort – Higher energy bills combined with diminished indoor comfort is incredibly frustrating. Uneven temperatures, trouble keeping up with demand, and cold air exiting supply registers are signs of a pending furnace replacement.