Your air conditioner is essential to your business. A well-maintained system keeps customers and employees comfortable, which promotes a successful, productive work environment. To keep your system running efficiently, commercial air conditioning maintenance is key. Call us at (772)202-3145
What are the benefits of commercial air conditioning maintenance?
Commercial air conditioning maintenance is vital to the health of your HVAC system. Benefits of routine Commercial Air Conditioner Maintenance include these:
- Cost savings.
- A longer mechanical lifespan.
- Preventing and identifying problems before they can affect your business.
- The Importance of Professional Commercial Air Conditioning Service
We’ve said that routine professional maintenance is essential to the life of your commercial air conditioning system, but how? A professional technician can identify issues that you cannot and can even help prevent unexpected and expensive repairs.
We advise establishing a maintenance agreement and schedule for professional commercial air conditioning service with your local office.
Pro tip: Begin your maintenance in the spring before the summer heat takes a toll.
During a maintenance appointment, any of our technicians will:
- Inspect and maintain your system components – Clean coils, blower components, and condensate drain; check electrical components; lubricate and adjust your system as needed.
- Verify proper refrigerant levels – Prevent an inefficient system and damage to the compressor.
- Perform a system diagnostics check – Ensure the safe, proper function of your system and thermostat.
- Identify and resolve ductwork leaks – Prevent loss of conditioned air, wasted energy, and an uncomfortable working environment.
- Prevent unexpected damage and repairs – Address issues in your system before they result in costly repairs or system failure.
Here some tips:
- Ensure air filters are clean – Reduced airflow from a dirty filter forces your system to work harder. Changing or cleaning your air filter every two to three months cuts down on energy use and increases the lifespan of your system. For more information about air filter selection, check out our blog.
- Keep your system clean – Blocked airflow reduces efficiency. Clean the fins around your outdoor condensing unit with a soft broom to remove debris. Clear away weeds, plants, leaves, and trash surrounding the unit, hosing it off every so often as well.
Make sure that air is flowing freely – Perform the occasional visual inspection to ensure vents around your business are not blocked.
We also advise that business owners and homeowners keep a maintenance log. In a notebook or on a simple calendar, the track performed and upcoming maintenance tasks to ensure they are not overlooked.
When Maintenance and Repair Just Aren't Enough
If your business’ HVAC system is an energy hog or is requiring frequent repair, it may be time to consider commercial air conditioner replacement. This is especially true for systems more than 10 years old and those that have undergone multiple repairs. Upgrading could save you 20 to 40 percent on energy costs, and energy rebates and tax incentives could save you up to 30 percent of your investment in a new, high-efficiency system.